17. July 2018.
Who we are
Our company name is Nordic Hockey AS, and we are located at:
We can be contacted at:
Mobile: +47 928 62 597
Org.nr.: 920 701 787
Our website address is: https://nordichockey.no.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Products you’ve added to the wishlist: we’ll use this to show you and other users your favourite products, and to create targeted email campaigns.
- Wishlists you’ve created: we’ll keep track of the wishlists you create, and make them visible to the store’s staff
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 3 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you fill in our contact form, you will be asked to provide the following personal data about you: first name, last name, email address and your query. We keep the contact form submissions for a certain period of time for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through the contact form for marketing purposes.
If you request to receive our newsletter, we collect and process the following personal data about you: first name, last name and email address. We process such personal data for purposes of providing the newsletter and other marketing materials to the extent permitted by applicable law, and analysing your interests for marketing purposes.
• Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
• Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
• Keep track of advertisements.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browsers are different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, It won’t affect the user’s experience .
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Nordic Hockey is using Google Analytics in order to gain further understanding of how the Nordic Hockey website is used. Data such as pages viewed and time on site is stored in Google Analytics.
You can opt-out of having making your site activity available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Who we share your data with
What third parties we receive data from
Facebook, Inc (“Facebook”)
Nordic Hockey is using a so-called Facebook pixel to gather information about visitors for marketing purposes.
It is also possible to opt out of all targeted Facebook advertising here: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
We may send you information through newsletters and other information for marketing purposes, in accordance with your marketing preferences. When shopping, we keep a record of your email and the cart contents for up to 30 days on our server. This record is kept to repopulate the contents of your cart if you switch devices or needed to come back another day.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We accept payments through PayPal and Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal or Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Our shipping providers may obtain consumer personal information (such as name, contact details and payment information) in connection with various activities such as (i) use of their websites and applications, (ii) shipping activities, including delivery and pick-up of shipments, (iii) requests to track shipments or answer questions, (iv) events in which they participate, (v) promotions and other offers, and (vi) calls placed with customer service and accounting centers which may be recorded.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
When you place an order through the webshop, we will maintain your order information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. If you ask us to delete the information, we will take steps to remove your personal data from our systems and records, anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it or otherwise see to that access to the personal data is highly restricted.
What rights you have over your data
If you have declared your consent regarding certain collecting, processing and use of your personal data (in particular regarding the receipt of direct marketing communication via email), you can withdraw this consent at any time with future effect. If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, or have declared your consent as mentioned above, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you, request rectification of your personal data, request restriction of processing of your personal data, request data portability, and/or object to the processing of your personal data (including objection to profiling). Erasing any personal data does not include data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
For more information about the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and your rights, read more about it here.
How we protect your data
In order to protect your personal integrity, discover, prevent and limit the risks of a hacking attack etc., Nordic Hockey takes several technical and organisational information safety measures. Nordic Hockey also takes measures in order to protect your Personal Information against unauthorised access, misuse, reveals, changes and damages. Nordic Hockey ensures that access to your personal information is only granted to employees who need to process it in order to fulfil their work assignments, and that they abide by confidentiality in accordance with Nordic Hockey’s applicable policies and routines.
What data breach procedures we have in place
We have installed the Wordfence Security plugin that:
- scans the webshops core files, themes and plugins for malware, bad URLs, backdoors, SEO spam, malicious redirects and code injections.
- Compares our core files, themes and plugins with what is in the WordPress.org repository, checking their integrity and reporting any changes to us.
- Checks our site for known security vulnerabilities and alerts us about any issues.
- Checks our content safety by scanning file contents, posts and comments for dangerous URLs and suspicious content.
Under the GDPR compliance, if our website is experiencing a data breach of any kind, a notification will be sent within 72 hours of first becoming aware of a breach. We will notify all those affected by the breach within this designated time frame.